Implementation of the Chicago footnote reference style. This style is mainly used by humanities. This style only provides in-text citations by means of footnotes. Currently, the bibliography field is not supported.
CMS - Footnotes (CMSFootnote.xsl)
- Report (used for thesis and dissertations)
As there is no intelligent connection between citations in Word, users have to indicate if they want to use the full, short or ibid version of a citation themselves. Selecting which version to display, is done by using the suppress switches which can be reached by clicking the arrow next to a citation and selecting "Edit Citation".
- To display the full version, do not suppress anything.
- To display the short version, suppress the year.
- To display the ibid version, suppress the author, title, and year.
Alternatively, the field can be edited manually by putting the cursor on it and pressing shift+F9
- To display the full version, make sure \n, \t, and \y are not used.
- To display the short version, add \y to the field.
- To display the ibid version, add \n, \t, and \y to the field.