MHRA style

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Hi

Apologies, I have just started academic referencing and am trialing the word 2007 to assist with referencing.

However the style used seems to be MHRA. Is there a download for this style or is it close to any others already listed.

Sorry but all this referencing is a bit of a minefield at the moment.

The link to the guide is http://www.mhra.org.uk/Publications/Books/StyleGuide/download.shtml

Thank You
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2008 at 3:34 PM
At first glance it looks like MHRA is mostly a footnote style. All current styles, the ones provided by Microsoft, the ones on this site, or the ones in 'the wild' I encountered are endnote styles. So I don't think you will find any styles looking familiar to what you are looking for.

If the author-date variant would be used, there are a number of styles with similar properties, both in Word 2007 and on this site. None, will be an exact match though.

As there are no footnote styles yet, I might give it a shot tomorrow to see if it works as nicely as the endnote styles and create something basic. But don't depend on it or wait for it.
Nov 28, 2008 at 10:58 PM
Hi Yves
Thank You, That would be great. Your time and effort is much appreciated
Mark
----- Original Message -----
To: [email removed]
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: MHRA style [bibliography:40984]

At first glance it looks like MHRA is mostly a footnote style. All current styles, the ones provided by Microsoft, the ones on this site, or the ones in 'the wild' I encountered are endnote styles. So I don't think you will find any styles looking familiar to what you are looking for.

If the author-date variant would be used, there are a number of styles with similar properties, both in Word 2007 and on this site. None, will be an exact match though.

As there are no footnote styles yet, I might give it a shot tomorrow to see if it works as nicely as the endnote styles and create something basic. But don't depend on it or wait for it.
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2008 at 10:41 AM
I added MHRA Footnotes to the releases.

Note that the style is a footnote style. Hence, it only displays footnotes. It will not generate an entire bibliography at the end of your work. Using it is pretty straightforward. Whenever you need to insert a citation, insert a footnote and then in the footnote insert a citation.

Yves
Nov 29, 2008 at 12:48 PM
Thank You, Yves
Thats Great
----- Original Message -----
To: [email removed]
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: MHRA style [bibliography:40984]

I added MHRA Footnotes to the releases.

Note that the style is a footnote style. Hence, it only displays footnotes. It will not generate an entire bibliography at the end of your work. Using it is pretty straightforward. Whenever you need to insert a citation, insert a footnote and then in the footnote insert a citation.

Yves