Page Numbers.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:10 PM
I am trying to use the 'harvard anglia' referencing style.  However I am unable to include page numbers in my citations (when I try and edit the citation).  I think i need to use the \p parameter but i dont know how to enable it.   I would like the finished citation to appear as follows (Hofstedt 2008, p.22) where the page is directly related to the citation rather than the whole referance.

Thanks for designing a great project
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:08 PM
Unfortunately, that option is currently not supported by the style.
Yves

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 7:10 PM, ahof <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am trying to use the 'harvard anglia' referencing style. However I am unable to include page numbers in my citations (when I try and edit the citation). I think i need to use the \p parameter but i dont know how to enable it. I would like the finished citation to appear as follows (Hofstedt 2008, p.22) where the page is directly related to the citation rather than the whole referance.

Thanks for designing a great project

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bibliography@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bibliography@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:55 AM
I have modifid the the harvard leeds style to my needs.  I have solvd the citation problem in the following way by modifying the citation to the following {%Author:1|Editor:1|Title%}{, %Year%, p.}.   How ever I would prefer the ', p.' to appear when i enter the page number in edit citation dialouge.  I wonder if this is possible.
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2008 at 5:44 PM
At the moment it isn't. Processing of pages and volumes attached to the in-text citation are not supported. However, I suggest you use an alternative approach rather than adding the ", p." in the styles source.

In Word 2007, right click a citation and choose "Edit Field...". In the field codes window, you will see something like this:

CITATION Pat88 \l 2060

Using the \s parameter, you can add a suffix to a citation. So in your example you would add

\s ", p.22"

to indicate that at the end of the citation, a comma followed by the page should be added. So the entire thing would look like this:

CITATION Pat88 \l 2060 \s ", p. 22"

Note that the quotation marks around the text you want to add to the end are necessary!