Number of authors shown in bibliography list (ISO 690 first element)

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:43 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with my bibliography lists in word 2007. Some of my references have up to 8 authors and I want all of the authors to be visible in the bibliography list using ISO 690. The default settings limit the author count to maximum 3 authors. When I add the 4th author, the bibliography list changes to "First Author et. al" which I of course dont want in the list. Within the document, the citation is format "First Author, et. al" is okay.

I have looked around inside the ISO690.XSL file located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Bibliography\Style\ but i can not make any sense of which variable to change.

Would really appreciate some help to increase the maximum of authors shown in the bibliography list.
Sincerely
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Hello,

I'm a bit confused myself on how to extend the number of persons displayed. On the one hand, Microsoft passes a 'b:_MaxAuthor' element which should be responsible for it, but on the other hand they hard coded some values in the code. The hard-coded values are located around lines 5112 and 5152:

<xsl:when test="$cMaxAuthor > 3">

and

<xsl:when test="count(b:NameList/b:Person[4]) >0 ">

By changing the 3 to for example 500 and 4 to 501, you should be good. 

At first sight it seems that changing the hard coded values is enough to solve your problem. If not, drop a note and I'll look into it further.

Yves
Sep 29, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Hello Yves,

Your solution works like clockwork! Thank you for the help!

Sincerely