ABNT format

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Hi Yves,

First of all, congratulations by the work.

I have a question regarding the appearance of the citations when using the ABNT NBR 6023:2002*reference style as defined by NBR 6023:2002.

When I have more than one author, it should not be separeted by "e" (that means "and" in portuguese). According to ABNT, both citation and bibliography have author list sapareted by ";", no matter how many authors.

And for more than three authors, the "et al" format have to show only the first author.

I've tried to modify the xsl code, in the namelists lines, fron line 307 on, but is not solving the problem.

What I have to do further? Is there any other line I have to change?

Can you help me and others who face the same trouble?

Marcelo.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I had as many people saying it should be "e" as there are ones saying it should be ";". Nobody has given me conclusive proof of one or the other. Right now the rule is:

2 authors: e

more than 2 authors: , and e for the last separator

Anyway, if you want to change it, look for

<separator_between_if_two> e </separator_between_if_two>
<separator_between_if_more_than_two>, </separator_between_if_more_than_two>
<separator_before_last> e </separator_before_last>

Change the 'e' to whatever you prefer.

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Thanks Yves,

Well, it's strange the existence of that who argue for a "e", because the rules of the Brazilian norm from ABNT are clear. The expected is "only one way", but it simply happens. ; )

Anyway, as you've sad, I'll try to find the code you gave me and let it the way I need.

Thanks again and go on in your work.

Marcelo.

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:51:51 -0700
Subject: Re: ABNT format [bibword:347776]

I had as many people saying it should be "e" as there are ones saying it should be ";". Nobody has given me conclusive proof of one or the other. Right now the rule is:
more than 2 authors: , and e for the last separator

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bibword@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email bibword@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Apr 13, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Hi, Yves,

I guess I could white you a second time to resolve another question.

I would like to ask you about the indirect citations in the code of ABNT (Brazilian Rules). I refer to that citations in which the names of authors appears outside the parentheses, written in lowercase.

Is there a way to do this?

Marcelo.

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:51:51 -0700
Subject: Re: ABNT format [bibword:347776]

more than 2 authors: , and e for the last separator

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bibword@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email bibword@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Yes.

However, Word forces you to make a choice. You can only use one format in your document. So either you choose for "(AUTHOR, YEAR)" or for "author (YEAR)" for your entire document.

If you really want to use both, Microsoft suggests to use "(AUTHOR, YEAR)", then right-click and edit the citation to suppress the author. You can then manually type the "author". But that is prone to errors if you ask me.

Theoretically you could abuse the suppress author flag (or another existing flag) to have a different meaning (e.g. use "author (YEAR)" instead of "(AUTHOR, YEAR)" formatting) but that would require some xslt programming.

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Hello yves,

I also need to modify the format so I can use it AUTHOR, YEAR without the parentheses. If they show like this, I can use it in the text as AUTHOR (YEAR) or (AUTHOR, YEAR) anytime I need just by supressing one of the terms.

I entered on the code and deleted the lines:

<openbracket>(</openbracket>
<closebracket>)</closebracket>

But when I add a citation it appears one space character before the author like this _AUTHOR, YEAR (where I've put the "_" is where the space appears). Do you know which line I have to alter to correct this?

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

You can't change that in the code. But there is a workaround. See the following discussion: http://bibword.codeplex.com/discussions/208897