Multi references

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:51 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM

i've a trouble with my biblio under world
what i would like to do is to change the citation style when i've multi reference
example :

(author 2004a; author 2004b)
and not
(author,title1, 2004; author,title2, 2004)

when the first author and the publication date is the same

i've try to look into the apa.xls (i use the apa style) but the xsl language is unknow from me ... i learn fast but... a bit undigest at the first look
if someone could help me and tell me where to look it'll be great
thank you

i've resolve one part of my problem, i've disabled the forced display of the title when the flag "RepeatedAuthor" is set
but i don't know how to access to entire bibliography in order to compute the complement of the date (2004"a" or 2004"b")
Jul 26, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Each reference in a multi-reference is formatted separately. Hence, there is no way in adding the kind of logic you want to the stylesheet. See also the Is it possible to add grouping logic to citations? entry in the FAQ. RepeatedAuthor does not tell anything about the year. And a RepeatedYear does not exist.

In the article on Create a bibliography Microsoft added the following note:

If you choose a GOST or ISO 690 style for your sources and a citation is not unique, append an alphabetic character to the year. For example, a citation would appear as [Pasteur, 1848a].
So you will have to add the 'a' and 'b' yourself using the suffix switch (right-click the citation, select 'Edit Field...' and then add '\s a' or '\s b' depending on the entry.