Harvard at Newport

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I've downloaded the versions of Harvard that are available, which are brilliant, however some areas don't quite conform to Newport Uni's structure, for example, author surnames in short references within the text need to be in lower case, but in capitals in the bibliography. Also, the version that I found closest to Newports (Anglia) doesn't have the style for interviews programmed in. I have read a discussion about copying a section from Leeds version, but I would not know where to begin to do this, and the Leeds version doesn't conform quite anyway.

Is it possible, if I can provide a pdf of the conventions, for you create one of those downloads? I'm sure everyone at Newport Uni would be grateful.

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:32 PM

As I understand, you should be able to download the standard Harvard style from here and tweak it where needed. I believe the format is XML, which is pretty basic to understand and edit.

I plan to do this for Bournemouth University, which of course has a slightly different style from the standard Harvard style.