Vancouver style problem: volume and issue doesnt show

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with vancouver style in my word 2010. When I add my source list (after I have add the source information of the article in a timemagazine) the volume and issue information doesnt show up.

"Name. Title. Name of magazine. 2009: p. 40-45"

Why doesn't the volume and issue show up as vancouver style?

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Article in periodicals don't list volume or issue, only articles in journals do.

Article in a periodical: Author. Title. PeriodicalTitle. Year Month Day: Pages

Article in a journal: Author. Title. JournalName. Year Month Day; Volume(Issue): Pages

May 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM
yves wrote:

Article in periodicals don't list volume or issue, only articles in journals do.

Article in a periodical: Author. Title. PeriodicalTitle. Year Month Day: Pages

Article in a journal: Author. Title. JournalName. Year Month Day; Volume(Issue): Pages

Hi Yves,

First, please allow me to commend your work with styles references for Word. I would like to ask your suggestion about Voncouver style in Word 2007. I noticed the following regarding journal citation:

it only lists any citation as it was an Article in a Periodical instead of listing it as an Article from a Journal.

I checked the script Vancouver.xsl to see if it was a problem when I selected the source list and it seems that Journal script is orderered in the script as a Periodical and Periodical script is ordered as a Journal. Please correct me if I have to do something different.

In addition, could you please advise me how to delete the letter p. when reffering to pages? The reason for my request is that based on Vancouver examples published or used in papers, they show Author. Title. JournalName, Year, Month; Volume(Issue):45-67, i.e., without letter p. before the numbers

Thank you in advance for your help with this