This project is read-only.

Corrupted Files

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I'm using a Mac. I tried using BibWordExtender via mono on a file,and it failed. When I went to open my file and just do things manually, I learned the file was corrupted. I cannot figure out how to restore the back-ups of my file. Please help me get my paper back (if that's even possible)!

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM

By default "Create backup" is checked so there should be a backup of your original file. If your file was called mywork.docx, then the backups will be labelled mywork_orig.docx or mywork_orig_cnt.docx where cnt is a counter going up by one for every time you run the program. The backups are stored in the same directory as your original file.

If you somehow forgot to create a  backup, send me a mail with your document and I'll see what I can do. My mail address can be found at the top of most stylesheets.

As this is the second report I'm getting of this behaviour in a week, I'm assuming that my application is no longer compatible with the latest releases of Mono. As I no longer have access to a Mac to test with, I will (for the moment) discontinu the Mac version of the software. I have changed the release notes on the software page indicating that the application will only work with Mono 2.2.

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM

The backups all seem to be corrupted as well, but I found a copy of my work stored in Time Machine, so all is well. Sorry this didn't work -- I loved using it when I had a PC.