Punctuation cleanup

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Hi. Thank you for an awesome program. According to the manual, bibword should clean up the punctuation. However, I have a an reference coming out with ",." punctuation, which should have been converted to "." . Any idea of where the error could be?

Best regards

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I will need a bit more information to answer that.

• What's the format string used to generate the output?
  • What's fields from the format string are used by the source?
  • (What style are you using?)
Apr 15, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Hi. The format string is as follows:

<format>{&lt;b&gt;%Author:1%&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br/&gt;}{&lt;i&gt;%Title%&lt;/i&gt; &lt;br/&gt;}{in &lt;i&gt;%ConferenceName%&lt;/i&gt;, }{vol. %Volume%, }{%Pages:p. :pp. %, }{%Comments%, }{ Online:&#xA0;%URL%, }{%City|CountryRegion%, }{%CountryRegion%, }{{ %Month:s%} %Year%}.</format>

Only the author, title and city field contains data.

The result is

I would like to get rid of that comma:-) The style is home-brewed...

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Hmm, it looks like there might be a bug in the cleanup routine.

I don't have access to my development computer right now, but I think it is caused by the combination of comma space period. A comma followed by a space is not cleaned up. A space followed by a period is. Unfortunately, the resulting comma followed by a period, isn't cleaned up anymore. Try removing the space.

So instead of:

{%City|CountryRegion%, }{%CountryRegion%, }}{{ %Month:s%} %Year%}.

{%City|CountryRegion%,}{ %CountryRegion%,}}{{ %Month:s%} %Year%}.

On a side note, as your month and year have a leading space, you would have entered two spaces anyway (which would get cleaned up to one).

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Thank you for a very quick diagnose! Now it works super. It would certainly increase the ease of implementing a style, if the cleanup routine took some iterations to eradicate all combinations.

Best regards,