QUESTIONS

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Hi Yves,

1) After I change biblio and citations to static text – it still offers me the small tab above the bibliography with the option to update bibliography and citations. (but it doesn't do anything) . minor irritation

2) I got unneeded page breaks into an empty page after the bibliography . I was able to get rid of it only by shortening the bibliography (I didn’t see anything when displaying all paragraph marks and spaces).

3) When I first insert a bibliography into a file it often inserts the word “BIBLIOGRAPHY” – but not always. Is there a rule behind this?

Many Thanks,

Assaf

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2009 at 11:21 PM

1) After I change biblio and citations to static text – it still offers me the small tab above the bibliography with the option to update bibliography and citations. (but it doesn't do anything) . minor irritation

Seems strange. If the options are still available, that would imply they aren't converted to static text for some reason. Are you sure they are converted?

2) I got unneeded page breaks into an empty page after the bibliography . I was able to get rid of it only by shortening the bibliography (I didn’t see anything when displaying all paragraph marks and spaces).

3) When I first insert a bibliography into a file it often inserts the word “BIBLIOGRAPHY” – but not always. Is there a rule behind this?

I'm guessing those two are related and have to do with the way a bibliography is inserted. When you click the "Bibliography" button, the first two items on the menu are predefined building blocks. Those blocks display "Bibliography" or "References" above the actual bibliography. They can also introduce extra breaks at the end. If you take the option under it, "Insert Bibliography", only a bibliography field is entered without any leading text. That's the best option to use.

Note that BibWord does not add any page breaks (it outputs HTML, so it doesn't even know the concept of a page break).

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:47 AM

Hi Yves,

1. I checked on the web and it is a known problem

3. Thanks – this was the issue! I had clicked in different places…

Thanks!

Assaf

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:21 AM
To: assaf.marron@weizmann.ac.il
Subject: Re: QUESTIONS [bibword:62297]

Seems strange. If the options are still available, that would imply they aren't converted to static text for some reason. Are you sure they are converted?

I'm guessing those two are related and have to do with the way a bibliography is inserted. When you click the "Bibliography" button, the first two items on the menu are predefined building blocks. Those blocks display "Bibliography" or "References" above the actual bibliography. They can also introduce extra breaks at the end. If you take the option under it, "Insert Bibliography", only a bibliography field is entered without any leading text. That's the best option to use.

Note that BibWord does not add any page breaks (it outputs HTML, so it doesn't even know the concept of a page break).

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bibword@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bibword@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com