Problem with LNCS Style when used in LNCS typeinst.doc file

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Hi , The LNCS style works nicely (thanks!)  when i tried it in a regular default word file. However, when i use it in the WORD 2007 file from LNCS  (i use the file typeinst.doc after saved as mypaper.docx ) it doesn't work for me:  
When I insert a new word2007 bibliography, the columns of the bibliography table overlap each other and numbers get occluded by the text of each entry. Also the entries are indented. I have to fix the columns and indentation manually with every refresh.

I will greatly appreciate a quick answer.

Many thanks,

Assaf Marron

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Bibliographies are using the MsoBibliography style to format the bibliography. By default, this style inherits from the "Normal" style. LNCS adds an indentation to the first line of a paragraph in the "Normal" style. What you should do is remove that for the bibliography style.

In Word, press SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+S to get to the style pane. Once your bibliography is added, you will find a style in there called "Bibliography" or a localized variant of that name. Right click it and select "Modify ...". Now click the "Format" button and select "Paragraph...". Under "Indentation", change "Special" to "(none)". Press "Ok" a few times to close all dialogs. Everything should be visible now.

Remember, the LNCS bibliography is created as a two column table. So if you want a wider tab between the number and the text, you can just drag the column border to the right.

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Hi Yves, 

Many thanks for the quick reply!!! It worked.  (and i also changed the font size...) 

Best Regards,