Different citation styles for same type

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Hello Yves,

at first I want to thank you to programming this different styles for Word and helping us to customize styles for our business and studying.

I am studying business administration in Berlin (Germany) and have no experience with xml or xslt but with some tutorials and your styles it works to customize them.

I only must add one functionality to my style than the requirements of citations of my university are fulfilled.

When I cite the same book more as one time in my bachelor thesis I must us an other style for the footnote:

First cite of the book: "LastName", "FirstName" ("Year""YearSuffix"): "Title". "PublicationCity": "Publisher", "Page".

Next cites of the book: "LastName", "FirstName" ("Year""YearSuffix"): "Page".

My question is: Is something like this possible to program in xslt and how does it work? Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Word 2007 has bad (read non-existing) support for footnote styles.

A possible workaround I came up with is by abusing the suppress options: http://bibword.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20331 You could work from that one and just create multiple strings (full, short, ibid).

Alternatively, you can just use the suppress field in general and only create one string. When you look in the code for citations, you will notice 3 lines for the different suppress flags:

These 3 lines say which variables not to use when one or more of the three suppress flags are used. So in your case, you could change the notitle field to include city and publisher.

Then for your second and following citation, you can just indicate to suppress the title and neither city nor publisher will be shown.