Listing ALL authors in Harvard reference list

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Hi, i'm hoping someone can help because i've tried reading through everything on here and I can't get my head round it. I've been using the Harvard style already in Word 2013, however, I need it to reference ALL the authors in my reference list, currently it is shortening the long ones to et al. Any help would be so so so very appreciated, I have so many deadlines looming and this could be a real life saver if it referenced all the authors at the end for me!
Nov 28, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Can't help you with the Harvard Anglia style which Microsoft ships with Word. (Don't know if anyone can easily change that code.)

If you use Yves' HarvardAnglia.XSL, the output of the Bibliography display is governed by the <bibliography> section (Book example shown here):

<format>{%Author:2|Editor:3|"Anon."%,}{ %Year|"n.d."%{%YearSuffix%}.}{ <i>%Title|ShortTitle%</i>.{ %Edition:o% ed.}}{ Translated by %Translator:5%.}{ [%Medium%]}{ %City|StateProvince|CountryRegion%{, %StateProvince|CountryRegion%{, %CountryRegion%}}{: %Publisher%}.}{ %Publisher%.}.{ Available at: <u>%URL:l%</u>{ [accessed{{ %DayAccessed%} %MonthAccessed:s%} %YearAccessed%]}}.{ %Comments%.}</format>.

The treatment of the author display is controlled by the {%Author:2|Editor:3|"Anon."%,} element.

Go to the <namelists> section, where the authors in category :2 are governed by in this subsection:
  <list name="author" id="2">
The number of authors to display is set in this line (in this case, only 4):
    <max_number_of_persons_to_display>4</max_number_of_persons_to_display>.
You can change the number to display to what you require, e.g. change the '4' here to '20'.

Hope this helps.

Lionel Crator,
Tau Editing.
Professional Language Practitioner.
Dec 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Easy

Edit the harvard Anglia style, look for the following at approx line 308

<list name="author" id="2">
    <single_prefix></single_prefix>
    <multi_prefix></multi_prefix>
    <corporate>{%Corporate%}</corporate>
    <first_person>{%Last|First|Middle%{, %First:adp|Middle:adp%{%Middle:adp%}}}</first_person>
    <other_persons>{%Last|First|Middle%{, %First:adp|Middle:adp%{%Middle:adp%}}}</other_persons>
    <separator_between_if_two> &amp; </separator_between_if_two>
    <separator_between_if_more_than_two>, </separator_between_if_more_than_two>
    <separator_before_last> &amp; </separator_before_last>
    <max_number_of_persons_to_display>4</max_number_of_persons_to_display>
    <number_of_persons_to_display_if_more_than_max>1</number_of_persons_to_display_if_more_than_max>
    <overflow> et al.</overflow>
    <single_suffix></single_suffix>
    <multi_suffix></multi_suffix>
  </list>
Change the max number of persons to say 10, this will list the first ten authors, or change it to whatever is needed.
Dec 8, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Thank you thank you thank you both. Lifesavers :)