ISO 690 First Element and Date

Feb 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Thank you for your bibliography extension. At the moment I`ll use the "ISO 690 First Element and Date" for an document. I`d like to change one issue...
The authors are sorted. If there are more than one references to the same author, the style will make a dash instead of the author. How could I remove the dash and see the author again?
e.g.:
Porter, Michael E. 1991. National...
—. 1990.
The Competitive Advan....
Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM
That's a Microsoft style, not one related to BibWord. Those are harder to change and less intuitive to work with.

I suggest you start by making a copy with a new name and edit that one to give it your own name. (http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography/Wiki/View.aspx?title=FAQ#Q8)

The dashes are caused by the execution of a template called: templ_prop_ISO690_SameAuthor. So you should remove any reference to it.

At first glance, without doing any testing (so check for yourself), the parts you should get rid of are:

<xsl:when test="(/b:Bibliography/b:Source[position()=$prevBook]/b:SourceType = 'JournalArticle' or /b:Bibliography/b:Source[position()=$prevBook]/b:SourceType = 'ConferenceProceedings') and /b:Bibliography/b:Source[position()=$prevBook]/b:Title = b:Title">
  <
xsl:call-template name="templ_prop_ISO690_SameAuthor"/><xsl:call-template name="templ_prop_Dot"/>
</
xsl:when>

AND

<xsl:when test="/b:Bibliography/b:Source[position()=$prevBook]/b:Author/b:Main = b:Author/b:Main">
  <
xsl:if test ="string-length(b:Author/b:Main)>0">
    <
xsl:call-template name="templ_prop_ISO690_SameAuthor"/><xsl:call-template name="templ_prop_Dot"/>
  </
xsl:if>

</xsl:when>

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM
Hi Yves,
thx for your help.
It works perfect.