Modification proposal to ISO960 Numerical with square brackets style

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Hello,

I found the ISO960 Numerical with square brackets style very useful for me. The only thing that is incompatible with the requirments of my publisher is the view of the names in the bibliography. Now it starts with family names and initials follow. Is it possible to write initials first before the family name.

Thank you in advance.
Sergey.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2008 at 12:48 PM
This can be achieved pretty easily. In the stylesheet (ISO690NmericalSquare.XSL) you have, around line 5095, a routine looking like this:

<xsl:template name="formatPersons">
</xsl:template>

In it, it is decided how names are formatted:

<xsl:when test="local-name(../..)='Main'"> 
   <xsl:call-template test="formatLastFirst">
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise> 
   <xsl:call-template test="formatFirstLast">
</xsl:otherwise>

So, if the author is the 'Main' author, last name is displayed before the first name, otherwise, the first name is displayed before the last. So in your case, changing formatLastFirst into formatFirstLast (around line 5123) should do the trick.

Was this what you were looking for?

Note that if you would have performance issues, you could actually replace the entire xsl:choose structure.
(corrected a code copy/past error)

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Thank you very much. It really works.
Sep 7, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Good day!
In Russian localization of the MS Office, in a bibliography, after "Year" field, the string " r." follows ('R' character of the Latin alphabet) instead of string " г." (letter 'Г' from cyrillic alphabet).
In "templ_prop_SimpleDate_Y" template there is a command <xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:Local[@LCID=$_LCID]/b:General/b:SimpleDate/b:Y"/>   (line 2172), which generates string "%Y r." and assigns it to the variable "format" (line 6519).
Where there is a definition of this "General - SimpleDate - Y" parameter? How can I change it?
I'll be glad for your help!
PS: sorry for my English )

Good day!

In Russian localization of the MS Office, in a bibliography, after "Year" field, the string " r." follows ('R' character of the Latin alphabet) instead of string " г." ('Г' character from Cyrillic alphabet).

In "templ_prop_SimpleDate_Y" template there is a command <xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:Local[@LCID=$_LCID]/b:General/b:SimpleDate/b:Y"/>   (line 2172), which generates string "%Y r." and assigns it to the variable "format" (line 6519).

Where there is a definition of this "General - SimpleDate - Y" parameter? How can I change it?

I'll be glad for your help!

PS: sorry for my English )

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2009 at 6:46 AM

There is no way to change it at the source. The b:Locals element is passed along from Word to the citation and bibliography engine. Where Word gets the value is a mystery. It's probably a hardcoded resource in some dll.

I can think of two ways to get around this:

1. overwrite the b:Locals on entrance
  2. overwrite the templ_prop_SimpleDate_Y function so that when the LCID is russian, the correct symbol is returned

The last is probably the easiest.