Page number parameter

Jul 3, 2008 at 8:39 PM
I have done my own style, and everything looks just as I want it to. Just one thing left. The pagenumbers. How can I print the page numbers that are induvidual for each reference. Thus, I dont want to print out the page numbers that can be set in the source manager. Does anyone know what this paremeter is named or know another way to print the numbers? I know I can type them in manually, but anyway, would be nice to solve it.

Thank you in advance!
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM
The page numbers of a source are stored in /b:Citation/b:Source/b:Pages.

The page numbers entered with the \p switch of the citation field (or by right-clicking an in-text citation and picking "Edit Citation" instead of "Edit Source") are stored in /b:Citation/b:Pages.

HTH
Aug 10, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Hey Yves,

I am using the IEEE_Alphabetical tool (which is great by the way, thanks) and I would like to add page numbers to book citations (i.e. [23, p. 456]). How do I have to modify the .xsl sheet to get what I want?

The "Edit Citation" stuff and the "\p (page numer)" does not work. The page number is accepted and safed but does not appear in the citation...

Thanking you in anticipation!

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM

The page number doesn't appear because that functionality is not defined in the format string. You can easily do this yourself.

Change all occurences of

<format>{%BibOrder|"BO"%}</format>

into

<format>{%CitationPrefix%}{%BibOrder|"BO"%}{, %CitationPages:p.:%}{, %CitationVolume%}{%CitationSuffix%}</format>

This will support all flags (pages, volume, prefix, and suffix.