Using %Author% twice

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Hello everyone,

first of all, sorry for my real bad English. I hope the description of my problem will be clear enough to find a solution ;-)

I want to create a bibliography which looks like this:

Darwin 1859

Darwin, Charles On the Origin of Species 1859

Dickens 1839

Dickens, Charles Oliver Twist 1839

The problem is the double use of the %author% and the %year% field. I tried to manage it the following way:

<bibliography>
<format>{{%Author%}{%Year%}&lt;br&gt;}{%Author%}{%Title%}{ %Year%}</format>
</bibliography>

The new line (<br>) works properly but it seams, that I can't use the %Author% and the %Year%-Field twice, which is underlined by the fact, that also the simple test

<bibliography>
<format>{%Author%}{%Author%}</format>
</bibliography>

is not working properly. In the Word document the name of the author is only displayed once.

I hope you can help me.
Unfortunately I only have basic understanding of xsl, xml, and consequently of BibWord

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2011 at 8:37 AM

By default BibWord only uses each parameter once. This allows for great flexibility in conditional formatting. See the example on Volume and Issue at http://bibword.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=BibWord%20Format%20Strings&referringTitle=Documentation#ex1

However, you can simply enable the reuse of a parameter by using the 'r' parameter. For example:

{%Author:r%}{%Author%}

Nov 18, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Hi yves,

thank you very much for your answer. Now I understand the advantages of the single use of each parameter, but can also realize the sort of bibliography I described.

THANK YOU!!!