Removing double quotes around titles of journal articles in bibliography

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I have downloaded the IEEE style for references, which works really well- thank you. But: the journal I am submitting to does not need double quotes around the title of journal articles in the bibliography. How do I remove them in the XSL file? I don't know enough about the programming language to be able to find the relevant bit of the file that needs changing.

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM

All formatting information is located between

<xsl:variable name="data">

and the matching

</xsl:variable>

Bibliography formatting information is included between

<bibliography>

and the matching

</bibliography>

For each supported type of source, there is a source element. For journal articles that would be:

<source type="JournalArticle">

which ends with the matching

</source>

The format element for the second column element will then contain all information you need for formatting a journal article. Most likely you will see something like "%Title%" in the format element. Just remove the quotes if you don't want them.

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Thank you very much- I will try it!

Caroline

At 21:53 19/06/2011, you wrote:

All formatting information is located between

<xsl:variable name="data">

and the matching

</xsl:variable>

Bibliography formatting information is included between

<bibliography>

and the matching

</bibliography>

For each supported type of source, there is a source element. For journal articles that would be:

<source type="JournalArticle">

which ends with the matching

</source>

The format element for the second column element will then contain all information you need for formatting a journal article. Most likely you will see something like "%Title%" in the format element. Just remove the quotes if you don't want them.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ( bibword@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bibword@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
checked for viruses and spam by CanIt.
http://www.canit4.3d.net.uk/

Caroline Whately-Smith, C.Stat
(Consultant Biostatistician)
Whately-Smith Ltd.
13, Lauderdale Road
Hunton Bridge
King's Langley
Herts
WD4 8QA
UK
Tel/Fax +44 (0)1923 268381

http://www.whate.moose.co.uk

The Getstats campaign: "giving everyone the skills and confidence to use numbers well"

- A society in which our lives and choices are enriched by an understanding of statistics. Go to www.getstats.org.uk for more information

"Statistics making sense"- for an interesting take on the statistical reporting of current issues in the news, visit http://www.significancemagazine.org/view/index.html