Authors disappear in bibliography

May 26, 2011 at 5:55 AM

Hi,

I tried adding a bibliography to my document but it just displays article titles and the journal and page numbers (alphabetically) but not the authors...

It worked fine two days ago, but as I have to hand in my thesis this weekend I'm a bit under pressure.

Sources in the document are also highlighted in grey, this was not previously the case.

Could somebody please help?

Thanks so much..

Jen

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 7:27 AM

The grey highlighting is probably just field code highlighting. Under Word Options on the 'Advanced' tab, in the 'Show document content' there is an option for field shading.

The authors disappearing sounds strange though. What style are you using? Does it happen for all sources in your bibliography? Have you tried editing the XSL for some reason?

May 26, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Okay the field shading is now resolved, thanks for that.

But the bibliography still only displays titles.. I'm using the APA style and it happens to all the sources. As I don't now what XSL is (sorry) so I doubt whether I edited it somehow.

Should tell you its Word for mac 2010, although I don't know whether this is important or not.

Thank you!

Jen

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 2:29 PM

There is no Word for Mac 2010. It's either Word 2008 or 2011 for Mac, or 2010 for Windows.

As APA.xsl is one of the styles which come with Word out of the box and I don't have a Mac to experiment with, I'm afraid I can't offer any help.

May 26, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Sorry I meant 2011...

I