Incorrect links after updating bibliography

May 15, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Hello!

I have no idea what the reason is - from time to time after updating my bibliography - all links become incorrect.
Yesterday everything was fine. Today I added some text and some new citations and updated the Bibliography. All reference numbers in brackets (AMA) seem to be correct but when I click them with CTRL (links enabled) then I jump to strange unknown locations. After clicking the citation No 168 it jumps to the title page etc.

Also, I've noticed that when updating bibliography with a large number of sources Word is "not responding" for several seconds. I'm not sure if this may be the reason.

I know the issue may not be directly related to BibWord but probably to Word itself but... who knows the Bibliography module better than you :-)

Thank you for your support!

Regards,
M.

Coordinator
May 16, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Word becomes sluggish when it has to process a large number of sources, so the "not responding" doesn't surprise me.

What you could try is to temporarly disable hyperlinking from the style, then update the in-text citations and bibliography with the non-hyperlinked version of the style and then reenable it and refresh them again.

Disabling hyperlinking in the xsl can be done by setting

<citation_as_link>yes</citation_as_link>

to

<citation_as_link>no</citation_as_link>
May 16, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Wow, THANKS!
The trick worked perfectly :-)

I disabled hyperlinks, updated bibliography saved the file, enabled hyperlinks and after refreshing them again all links are correct :-)

Seems there must have been some mess with links stored in the file.

Thanks once again!