new type extension, incorrect naming

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Dear all,

I've just downloaded BibWord and its sytles. Thank you very much, you did a great job!

Now I come to a little problem I have. I created a new type extension (Conference paper) in order to use it for the Harvard "SAGE" style I created. Everything works properly, except for the fact that in the sources list window, when I enter a new "Conference paper" the Author is not displayed. Below an example:

Citation: (Feather, 1999)

Bibliography: Feather M (1999) Internet and child victimisation. Paper presented at Children and Crime: Victims and Offenders Conference. Brisbane, Australia, 17-18 June.

This is perfect; however, in the sources window it appears as:

Internet and child victimisation (1999)

...and this causes me some problems, since it is not possible to see the author in order to manage all the things.

Is there any idea about that? I looked in the discussion section, but I haven't found anything.

Thank you in advance.

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

The sources window gets created through the Author2String.xsl (talk about incorrect naming...) which is located one directory up from where bibliography styles are stored. The XSL generates a b:DisplayAuthor value indicating what should be shown for the author. If you check the code of the MainContributors template, you will notice that there is a switch there for every type of source. So if you defined new ones, you will have to add them there as well.

This is why BibWord suggests to stick to the existing types but override the Type field to provide some kind of 'subselection'. That way, this type of glitches can be prevented.

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Dear Yves,

thanks a lot for your quick reply! I added the strings in the Author2String.xsl and solved the problem. Invaluable help ;)

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Just another thing: I also modified (adding the specific strings) the file AUTHOR.XSL (in the directory Bibliogrphy --> Sort).

Thank you again, good night