Help Using Bibword Styles

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I'm having a dificult time trying to use bibword Styles. I've copied all the files to their respective folders but word cant recognize the styes. I't only shows "unsupported source type... tried everithing ... bit disappointed. Glad if you could help.

I'm using windows 7 x64, with office 2010 professional x64, in portuguese. 

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Are the original styles which come with Word 2010 (APA.XSL, MLA.XSL) located in the same directory you put your files in?

Do the original styles which come with Word 2010 (APA.XSL, MLA.XSL) work when you try to use then with Word 2010?

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM

The original styles are working fine. I've put the bibword styles inthe styles folder and i can select then in the dropdown menu, but they doesn't have iput field boxes to fill while creatind new bibliographic sources.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM

perhaps i've been uncapable of using bibtype.exe correctly. Can you help me using it?

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Sorry, I overlooked something in your first post.

If you see "Unsupported source type" that means there is no defintion available for such a type of source entry. The release pages normally have the information on which entries are supported and which are not. The styles only provide a definition on how to format an entry if it is known/published how such an entry should look. It looks like you are using a type of source for which that information is not available. If you have documentation on the specific format, provide it here and I'll see what I can do to add it.

For example, for ABNT, if you check you will see that "Book", "Book Section", "Website", and a number of other types are supported while "Document from Internet Site" and "Art" are not for example.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Thank you for your help!!!