ISO 690 - Numeric Reference with Square Brackets - index of citation which is independent of language

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Hi

I'm writing my thesis in Persian, so there will be both Persian and English references in my thesis. Also I want to use "ISO 690 - Numeric Reference with Square Brackets" style (downloaded from here).

The problem is the language of in-text citation number is the same I define in the citation.So some of them are Persian and the others are English,but i want the language of all of them are Persian in the result of that my text language is Persian.

In addition to,I want to unify the language of all indexes of citation in bottom of text to Persian,but without changing their whole style and language.[do not change the right handedness  or left handedness ,.....]

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Not sure if this will work, but try overriding the language of the in-text citation using the \l flag. Right-click on an in-text citation and choose "Edit Field...". In the dialog, there will be a string looking like " CITATION Bee69 \l 1033 ". "Bee69" is the tag of the citation you are refering to, while "\l 1033" is the language used to display the citation in.

I'm not sure what influences the language of the numbers in the bibliography. I'm guessing the "lang" attribute plays a role here. You should experiment with that one. If I had the time, I would start by instead of assigning the same language to the entire paragraph, by splitting the paragraph into two spans each with their own language attribute. So where you now have a

<p lang="xyz" dir="rtl" class="MsoBibliography">number text...</p>

you could try something along the lines of

<p class="MsoBibliography><span lang="abc" dir="rtl">number</span><span  lang="xyz" dir="rtl">text...</span></p>

Of course dir would still remain dynamic depending on the language of your source.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Thanks for your rapid answer.

I found how to change language of in-text citation manually with respect to your help,but i would appreciate  if there is a solution to do this automatically, not manually correct those one by one.I mean change some part of the xsl code to do that.

and about your solution about language of number in bibliography,I could not find something like that in the xsl code of "ISO 690 - Numeric Reference with Square Brackets".

I am still waiting for your great help.

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2010 at 2:28 PM

In-text citations also have a language attribute, I guess you could play with that one in the same as for your bibliography. Maybe letting it out is enough, maybe you will need to provide another value (bold italic code below).

<html xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
	<head>
	</head>
	<body>
		<xsl:variable name="LCID">
		  <xsl:choose>
			<xsl:when test="b:LCID='0' or b:LCID='' or not(b:LCID)">
			  <xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:DefaultLCID"/>
			</xsl:when>
			<xsl:otherwise>
			  <xsl:value-of select="b:LCID"/>
			</xsl:otherwise>
		  </xsl:choose>
		</xsl:variable>

<xsl:element name="p">

<xsl:attribute name="lang">
			<xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:Local[@LCID=$LCID]/@Culture"/>
		</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:attribute name="dir">
			<xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:Local[@LCID=$LCID]/b:Properties/b:Direction"/>

With regards to your bibliography, the code is in there, just spread out and written differently. The above post was just providing an idea. It is just a description of what I would do if I had the issue. I don't have the time to test and experiment, that's something you will have to do.

<xsl:element name="p">
  <xsl:variable name="LCID">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="b:LCID='0' or b:LCID='' or not(b:LCID)">
		<xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:DefaultLCID"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:value-of select="b:LCID"/>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:variable>

<xsl:attribute name="lang">
    <xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:Local[@LCID=$LCID]/@Culture"/>
  <xsl:attribute name="dir">
    <xsl:value-of select="/*/b:Locals/b:Local[@LCID=$LCID]/b:Properties/b:Direction"/>
  <xsl:attribute name="class">
    <xsl:value-of select="'MsoBibliography'"/>